Thursday 15 August 2013

I've been upgraded; I've gone digital ...


I knew something was up this morning, when my human woke me up from a lovely deep sleep on the sofa.  She picked me up and I could sense that something different was about to happen.  I could tell she was a little bit tense.

And then I found out why.

She put me in the box.

Now I know, us cats normally love boxes.  But I don't like this box.  It's very small & I can't get out.  It's made of plastic, so it's not very warm or comfy.  It's got a cage door across the front of it which makes me feel like I'm prison.  I can look out of it, but I don't like it.

And then when my human picks the box up, I feel all sick and shaky.  She doesn't carry it very steadily.  And then it gets even worse when we get in the car.  I hate being in the car.  I don't understand why my human goes out in it every day.  It's horrible.  It's not right to be moving when you're lying down.

But the main reason I don't like the box is because my human only ever puts me in it when we're going to the vets'.  And I don't like the vets.'  They always ending hurting me.  Sticking needles in me, or little sticks up my bum, or pulling at my mouth, or sending me home with horrible tablets to eat ... & I don't like it.  I do understand that it's usually for my own good though, because we usually only go there when I've been poorly or a little bit stressed and I've pulled all the fur out of my tummy.

But I wasn't poorly today.  And my tummy just now, is very furry; my human hasn't gone away & left me on my own for a long time, and so I've had no need to pull my fur out. It's all grown back ... I'm very proud of my furry tummy.  As long as my human never goes away again, everything will be fine.

So no; not stressed.  And definitely not poorly.  So why take me to the vets'?

Well ... it seems that my human took me to be upgraded.  I had a little microchip installed between my shoulder blades. My human says it's so that if I get lost, she'll be able to find me.  But that doesn't make any sense to me. Because if I get lost, the microchip is going to be lost too.  Because it's inside me, right?

Microchips belong to computers and things, so I think I've been upgraded, but my human doesn't want to tell me what it means I can do now.  I'm just going to have to experiment aren't I?  And find out.

It hurt me when they installed it.  It was like getting a needle.  I didn't cry though; at least not at the microchip.

Because what I haven't told you yet, is that I also had an injection ... & I did cry at that one.  I wasn't expecting it when the vet stuck a needle in my neck.  Nobody told me it was going to happen, so of course I got a fright.

My human said I had to have this injection because I keep fighting with all the other neighbourhood cats and she doesn't want me catching anything from them if they scratch or bite me.  I'm too fast for them though.  I've not been bitten or scratched by any of them.  And I don't intend to.  So my human doesn't need to worry.

I don't understand though how this will stop me fighting with them.  Me getting hurt by the vet isn't going to stop that is it?


I think my human's a little bit confused ...



No comments:

Post a Comment