Sunday 11 August 2013

We've finished our Methodology chapter ...

Me and my human have worked very hard today.

Scrumpy lying on the PhD thingy
We've finished her Methodology chapter.  I still don't really understand what it is, but I think it's something to do with her having to write about how she's done her research over the last 4 or 5 years.  That's a long time isn't it?  It's even longer than the time I've lived with her ... I've only lived here for just over 3 1/2 years, so she started it way before I moved in.

From what she's told me, the cat she had before I moved in, Scrumpy, used to like to help her too.  I remember Scrumpy.  She was a tortie just like me, but she had a white tummy & white on her legs.  I remember when I first started coming across the road to sit on my human's doorstep (she nearly fell over me a couple of times!) and she'd open the door, and I'd see Scrumpy sitting inside.  Of course, I didn't know she was called Scrumpy then. I don't think we would have liked each other.  She certainly never let me go inside.  I was only invited in by my human once Scrumpy went to pussy cat heaven.

But I've gotten away from my point ... the methodology chapter.  It's finished.  And it's very comfy.

I'm not sure my human was very happy about me sitting on it, but it was still warm, fresh out of the printer ... how could I resist?

Me looking out of the window
I think I've upset her a few times (again!) today ...

It was okay at first, because I was happy, for a little while, to sit and look out of the window whilst she did some work.

But then I got a little bit bored.  And a little bit sleepy.  And I wanted a cuddle.  And so I squashed myself onto her knee.  She wasn't happy because she said it was hard for her to have to reach over me & type.

It can't have been that hard.  I'm not that big.  And anyway, it was really annoying for me, because everytime she moved her hands and fingers, I bounced!  And I got sick of the sound of the keys tap, tap, tapping away.

Ouch!  Keep still human!

And to be honest, it wasn't even that comfy.  Her knee was nice & soft & warm, in her nice little dressing gown.  But the table was very hard.  And there wasn't very much room on there for me at all.  And it wasn't nice to have my pretty little face squashed up against the table.


I'm just having a look at what you're doing
So in the end, I gave up. I got up.

But she still wasn't happy.  Accused me of getting in the way, sitting on her papers, and in front of her screen.

Well, excuse me human.  But I want some attention. Stupid PhD thingy always spoils things for me.

I gave up when I realised she really wasn't going to stop doing it.  So after a while, I went outside for a little bit.

Reading together
 When I came back in, she was sitting reading some papers, so I sat next to her & watched her as she read them.

If you can see, she was sitting in a different seat & she'd moved her computer chair next to it so that she could put her notebook on it & write notes as she read.

That's the chair I sat on.

I don't think she was happy.

I soon got bored & went off & had a little snooze.  I was in a bit of a huff with my human, and I wanted her to know that.  So I went & sat on my own in the living room.  I thought she would feel sorry for me & come & get me.  Come & play with me, or come & give me cuddles.  But she didn't.

PLEASE talk to me, play with me, love me ...
Too involved in the the PhD thingy to even care about me.

So I gave up that little ploy & went back into the study.

"Miaow, miaow, miaow" I kept shouting at her.

I got her up a few times to give me treats, to open the back door for me.

But still I wouldn't shut up, because what I really wanted was for her to stop working & come & play with me.

But she wouldn't.  Could you resist me if I was looking up at you like this?  Just look at those eyes ...

She was having none of it though.  And I could tell that the more I miaowed, the more annoyed she was getting with me.  And I didn't want to make her angry.

So I went off & had another snooze.  And this time whilst I was asleep, she got the Methodology Chapter finished.
Warm & fresh from the printer
                                                                                         

  She was just printing it out when I went back in.  
                                                                                               So when she put it down on the chair, it was still nice & warm, fresh from the printer.

It was very comfy for me to sit on.  But again, I don't think my human was very happy.  I don't think she meant for me to sit on it.  I don't think she liked that it got all creased just off the printer.


It's quite good





I had a little bit read of it.

But to be honest, I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing ... 43 pages is a little bit long, especially on a Sunday afternoon.

But the little bit I did read on the front page seemed quite good.  I know she says she's still got a lot of work to do on it ... which means me being ignored again ... but it did seem good.

I couldn't understand it all.  Lots of big & strange words.
Snoozing on the Methodology chapter





I had a lovely little snooze on it.  

Again though, I don't think my human was happy.

What is it with her?!











I do like it though ...


.... & my human's not getting it back.  If she wants her own copy, she'll just have to print another one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment