Monday 5 August 2013

I'm not in the way ...


My human's been accusing me of getting in the way whilst she tries to work on her PhD thingy.

I have no idea what she means.  The work is up on the screen, and I'm down here.




See?  Not in the way at all!

I'm not sitting in front of the screen.  And I'm not sitting on the keyboard thing ... I usually get told off for doing both of those things.

I'd made a big effort to be not in the way ... & she didn't appreciate it.
I thought she'd like to have  my company.  And I wanted a cuddle.  She wasn't going to leave the PhD thingy, but I knew she'd like a cuddle from me, so I went to her.  The table wasn't even very comfortable to sit on, but I did manage to push my way into her arm.  

But look ... 

I had to keep looking up at her to try & get her to look at me & give me some attention.

  I get really annoyed with the PhD thingy sometimes.  I feel jealous if I'm honest.  Jealous that she spends so much time with it.  Time, that I know, could be better spent with with me.  And I'm sure she'd enjoy it more too.
When I realised I wasn't going to get any attention from her.  What has that PhD thingy got that I don't have?

It makes me think I must be lacking in some way ...

I don't think I can be though.  Because I'm a cat.  And us cats are just purrfectly perfect ....

I gave up trying to get her attention eventually & just went to sleep ...


But look at me here ... do you see how not happy I am with her?  And especially after she made me sit outside in the rain this morning ... you'd think she'd want to be nice to me to make up for it wouldn't you?!



It's about time she realised that I come first in this house ... & NOT the PhD thingy ...



No comments:

Post a Comment