Monday 5 August 2013

I'm getting wet ...

Stupid, stupid human ... I'm cold & wet ... & not happy. And I've told her so.

She's been working away on her PhD thingy & I've been sat outside in the back yard in the rain.  When she first began working on it, I was lying in bed, but then I got bored.  I knew that she was busy & so wouldn't want to play with me.  I was going to go & ask her to open the back door, but I thought I'd be kind, and just leave her to get on with her work.

You see, I knew the window in the bathroom was open.  And I knew that if I jumped up onto the ledge, I could jump out of it, & get outside that way.  And so that's what I did.

But what I didn't know, before I got out there, was that it was raining.  And it was raining quite heavily.

I ran to the back door to go straight back inside ... & remembered it wasn't open.  Because I'd tried to be kind to my human by not disturbing her.

So then I was stuck.  I know I could have ran around to the front & sat on the window sill there ... now that she's moved all of the furniture around in that room, her desk is at the window & so she would have seen me easily. But I didn't want to run round.  I've have gotten even wetter.

So I jumped up onto the ledge outside our living room and sat waiting for her.

Come on human.  Let me in.  I'm getting wet ...
I was sure she wouldn't be long.  She usually drinks loads of coffee and stuff when she's working, so I thought it would only be a matter of time before she came through to make herself a cup or use her litter tray.

But she was ages.

And I was getting wet and cold ... and angry.  I wasn't at all happy.

What nearly made up for it though was when she did eventually come into the living room.  Her face, when she saw me sitting outside, when she thought I was still tucked up in bed was a picture!!  But then she laughed at me; which I didn't like.

She opened the door for me & let me in.  Which I was grateful for, but I was still really angry with her for making me sit outside in the rain for so long. And I told her so.  I gave her a right mouthful.  And I can miaow very loudly when I'm angry.

She knew I wasn't happy, but she told me it was my own fault.  She said that if I hadn't jumped out of the bathroom window (which I do know I'm not meant to do), I wouldn't have gotten stuck outside.

I don't agree.  It's definitely her fault.

She should have known that I needed the back door opened.  


But anyway, I'm happy again now.  She gave me some Dreamies and I'm tucked back up in bed

& I'm not jumping out of the window again today ...


No comments:

Post a Comment