Thursday 1 August 2013

Queen of my back yard ...

My human knew I was up to something when she looked out of the window & saw me sitting on our wall, looking over into our neighbours' yard ... with my big, bushy tail.


Her ears & nose aren't as clever as mine. You see, I'd heard & smelled another cat in next doors' yard. He was trying to be clever & sneak into my yard. I think he'd thought that if he jumped over from next door, instead of coming the usual way along the walls, I wouldn't notice.

Well, how wrong was he?! Doesn't know me at all. I'll not let any other cat into mine & my human's yard.

I sat up here just watching him for a while. And he kept looking at me. And then he got a bit cocky ... as those stupid Toms often do. He started heading over towards our wall, & I wasn't having any of it ... so I jumped down into the neighbour's yard.

I felt a little bit sorry for my human because I knew that she had no idea what was happening. And as Tom & I faced each other off & we started yowling & hissing at each other, I knew my human would be a little bit worried about me. She doesn't need to worry though cos I'm always okay. I know how to take good care of myself ... & our yard. I'll keep her safe.

Anyway, Tom soon realised I wasn't going to budge; he wasn't going to get the better of me ... & so off he ran.

One I was sure he was gone, I jumped back up onto our wall so my human would know that I was safe ...

I sat there for a while, just to make sure he wouldn't dare come back.

And then I moved round the wall & got myself comfy, just sitting here feeling pleased with myself ... 


                                       Queen of my Back Yard ...


No comments:

Post a Comment