Wednesday 7 August 2013

Why aren't you proud of me human?

It seems that it's not just disturbing her PhD thingy that my human's not very happy with me about ...

Me, guarding my back lane from up on my wall
I've had a few fights this week.  It's not my fault.  The stupid cats keep coming into my space.

Take Sunday night ... my human was having a nice cosy little chat on the telephone with her friend, when this new white cat came onto my wall.  It was just asking for trouble wasn't it?  We had a bit of a stand off on the wall, staring at each other, glaring, bushy tails.  But it refused to leave. 

So I had to up things a bit.  I started yowling and growling at it, which was its cue to leave.  But the stupid thing didn't.  Instead, it started yowling and growling at me.  How dare it!

Well, that was it.  I saw red!  A quick hiss & I lashed out at it with my paw.  It wasn't quick enough ... I got a nice little pawful of fur.  I didn't hurt it ... it was just a warning.

Unfortunately, my human had come out by this time ... still on the phone to her friend ... & saw it all!

White cat turned and ran (as it should have done earlier) & of course, I went running after it.  My human was worried we were going to get into a big fight, and so she came out into the back lane ... in her bare feet.  

Of course, by the time she got to the top of the lane, white cat was sitting cowering under a car.  I was sat on top of the wall, my wall, glaring down at it, making sure that it didn't dare come out.

My human was a little bit worried.  She could see that I was okay, but I think she wanted to make sure white cat was too.  I don't know why.

Anyway, she went back home to get some Dreamies to coax me home and the white cat out.

Whilst she was away, I decided to swagger home.  I thought white cat had learned its lesson ... it wouldn't be back on my wall that night.  So I just went home, got my treats & snuggled into my human.  

She told me off though for fighting.  I don't know why.  I was just protecting her and I. She should have been grateful.  She should have been proud of me.

I had another little spat last night.  This time with a little ginger and white cat out the front. Stupid thing was sitting beside a car across the road.  When my human came to call me in, she realised I was just sitting on the windowsill ignoring her.  I had bigger things on my mind.  Staring down little ginger thing.  I know my human was worried I was going to go and have another fight. But I didn't need to.  This little one was sensible.  When it saw me stalking across the road, it knew I was in charge ... & off it ran.

There was another bigger fight too, that I thought I'd gotten away with.  My human hadn't heard / seen it happen ... & I wasn't going to tell her.  But our stupid neighbour just has.  She's told my human all about the yowling and growling, and hissing etc. etc.,  It was another fight I won though ... I lashed out at the cat, chased it down the wall & it ran off.






This picture is from a long time ago.  This cat dared to come right into my yard.  Look at the audacity of it!  He was only brave enough to come in & sit there though because he knew I was locked inside.  Just look at the size of my tail ... that's how angry I was about it.








 I'm quite proud of myself; 3 fights in less than a week with 3 different cats ... & I've won each & every time.
I don't know why my human's not happy about it? She should be proud of me, doing such a good job of protecting our flat, our back lane, our front street ... ?!


No comments:

Post a Comment