Sunday 22 September 2013

I didn’t have to spend 6 years doing a PhD thingy to learn my body was beautiful ...

Me luxuriating in my body, snuggled into my human's arm

I had no idea what was going on this morning when the alarm went off at 4.30am and my human jumped out of bed.  I mean, what time is that to be getting up on a Sunday morning?  She dashed around, putting on warm clothes & putting a towel, a flask, and yet more clothes into a bag, before running out of the house and leaving me.

I had no idea what mad thing she was up to.  But I just went back to bed and forgot about it.

It wasn’t until she got back home about 4 hours later that I learned what she’d been up to.  Now as you know, my human does some silly things, but this one seemed particularly stupid.

For some reason, which I can’t work out, she’d driven miles away to a beach where she took all her clothes off and ran into the sea.  Why would anyone do that?

Now, I've never been to a beach before, and I've never been to the sea, but I've seen them on TV and the computer … and I don’t understand why anyone would want to go there.  Why would anyone want to do that?  Wouldn't you just get wet and cold?  And especially you humans without fur.  Stupid.  I certainly don’t want to get sand in my paws or my fur or inbetween my toes.  Or heaven forbid, in my mouth … yuck!


But anyway, that’s what she did.  That’s what she woke me up at 4.30am for!?


It was apparently some organised event; something called the ‘North East Skinny Dip 2013.’  And it was apparently a big thing for my human.  Something to do with celebrating what she’s learnt during her PhD about the importance of you humans appreciating your own bodies.

Why do you human need to learn to do that?  It comes so naturally to us cats; as it should to you.  You just watch us.  We love to lie as comfortably as we possibly can, snuggled up or stretched out to suit ourselves and our bodies.  We love to stretch and feel our muscles and joints stretching and opening up.  We know that we’re all gorgeous and all look beautiful.
  


I didn’t have to spend 6 years doing a PhD thingy to know that my body is beautiful…

No comments:

Post a Comment