Friday 15 March 2013

Talking with my human . . .


My human and I are very best friends, and both her & I thought that every other cat and human relationship worked the same way.  It seems that we were wrong though.
Snuggles with my human
Snuggling with my human
At the weekend, I had a bit of an embarrassing problem … I hope you’ll not be too shocked by me talking about it on here!?  I came down with cystitis.  I’ve had it before, so I remembered how nasty and uncomfortable it is in my tummy and little girlie bits.  I didn’t want to suffer any longer than I had to so I knew that I had to be brave and just tell my human what was happening.
I knew it would be fine, because she’s lovely … but it’s still a little bit embarrassing!  But I knew she would help me fix it so I just had to be brave …
I went into her room where she was playing on her computer & I told her (with lots of insistent miaowing) that I needed her to come with me.  She soon got the message (she’s very good at listening to me) and came with me.  I think at first though, she thought I was asking her to open the door for me so I could go outside … she still sometimes gets it wrong when I talk to her; you’d think we were speaking a different language!  As I’ll tell you later, I understand her perfectly clearly!
Anyway, I just kept walking past the door & went to my litter tray.  Obviously, she knew something was wrong, because as you know, us cats don’t like to be watched whilst we’re ‘busy.’  I had to suffer the indignity of her watching me whilst I  … well; you know what.  I told you this was embarrassing!?!  She could see it was uncomfortable for me (the pained expression on my face was a bit of a give away) and so afterwards, she took a look & noticed the diluted blood (ouch!!) on the litter. 
As I’ve already told you, I’ve had cystitis before, and of course she remembered, so she phoned the vet (they’re an odd species, but somehow have the power to make us poorly cats all better!) & we went in that horrible moving thing which makes me cry all the time till it stops.
When we got to the vet … yet more indignity as he examined me.  He asked my human how she’d known I had a problem, and when she said to him that I’d told her, he just looked at her as if she was mad!  What’s odd about that?!  Don’t all humans and cats talk to each other?  She had to explain to him exactly how I’d told her … the vet was amazed! He said it was very unusual and that she and I must be very intune with each other !?!
My human and I were both shocked.  We thought it was just normal.  If it’s not, then I worry about all of those poor lonely humans out there who aren’t fully appreciating their feline friends!
Image
Sprawled on my human's knee
And then last night, we had another moment.  I’d ran into my human’s study where she was talking to another human.  And as you do, I just ran and jumped up onto this other human knee … it looked like a very comfortable human knee.   I made myself comfortable and she was giving me wonderful head tickles; so wonderful I got lost in the pleasure for a while.  If I’m honest, I’d drifted off & thought I was on my human’s knee … she’s very good at the head tickle, and if she’d not getting it quite right, I just push my head into the right position!  She knows what I’m telling her & shifts her fingers to suit me!
Anyway, I suddenly realised where I was!  “Oops!  I’m not on my human’s knee … she’s sitting over there on the other side of the room!  Oops!”
I felt guilty and a bit sorry for her, so I jumped straight off & ran across to her, rubbing my head around her legs, telling her that I was sorry that I’d been unfaithful. 
She said to me, “It’s okay, you’re allowed to sit on there!”

 “Phew!” I thought.  “What a relief.  I hadn’t wanted to upset my human; she irritates me at times, but I do love her!”
So, after that, I just turned and jumped straight back on the client’s knee.  She laughed though!?  And she said to my human; “Wow!  That was amazing; you’d think she’d really understood what you’d said!  You told her she was allowed and she came straight back!”
Stupid human!  Of course I understood!  What does she think I am?  A dog?!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Elsie. I do hope your cystitis has cleared up. Poor you having that nasty condition. I don't blame you for testing out some new knees. Why not.? Might make your mum a bit jealous though, even though I'm sure she won't admit it! Anyway- you keep writing your blog and I'll keep reading it. I was a bit sad when you stopped writing your last one so am really happy that you've started again. And you can tell me a few secrets. Shhhhh! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Felicity!

    It's nice to hear from you! Yes, my cystitis is getting better ... my human has been putting medicine in my dinner every night & I've been eating it all up! AND; the best news ... that stupid dog that's been staying upstairs & has been playing in my backyard has gone home tonight, so things are getting back to normal here! Phew!!

    Yes, I do think my human was a bit jealous ... that's why I went to snuggle her legs! I have to say though (& don't tell her this, cos I don't want her getting a big head!) her knees are the nicest to snuggle on!!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete