Sunday 31 March 2013

Empathy & stepping into my world

This is me being a counsellor! This is the chair my human sits in when she's 'working' with clients. It doesn't seem much like work to me ... she just sits here & listens to people. Sitting in a nice comfy seat, talking & listening ...

She tells me that it's not quite as simple as that; but I'm not so sure. Apparently she listens in a special way & tries to 'step into the client's world' so that she can understand exactly how things are for the client. Apparently humans don't always do this, & can be quite selfish, just understanding things from their own point of view. So when a counsellor is able to provide this special kind of understanding ... 'Empathy' I think it's called ... it can be very helpful.

I think it's good of my human to listen so well to her fellow humans ... & I have to say, she manages to listen to me quite well most of the time. She's good at stepping into my world & understanding my world ... so she must be quite good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment