Monday 20 May 2013

Oops!! I think I'm in trouble ...

Oops! I think I'm in trouble!

I got annoyed with my human because she wouldn't let me go outside & I scratched her, & made her bleed ... on her sore finger. And now she's worrying about how she's going to explain it when she goes back to the hospital tomorrow!

Which seems silly really ... it's easy to explain. I was angry; I scratched her. What's so difficult about that? It could have been worse; I could have scratched her on the other side of her finger which is the side that's still really sore & is still causing her problems. 

See; even in my anger, I was still thoughtful!  And look, it's not that big a scratch is it? Just enough to draw blood so I made my point. 


If she'd gone to a proper vet in the first who'd mended her properly, I'm sure it wouldn't still be sore.  And then I wouldn't need to feel so guilty about making it bleed. 

But, as I'm sure you know, us cats don't feel guilty for long. What's the point? It serves no purpose. It doesn't change anything. 

And anyway, it's her own fault. If she'd opened the door for me & let me go out, I wouldn't have felt so angry that I had no choice but to scratch her ...

How else do you express your anger other than through a sharp little scratch, or bite? I understand that you humans don't think that biting & scratching is a good way of dealing with anger? It works okay for me. But maybe I need to think about this a little bit more ...

At least she's forgiven me ... she always does; but then, how could she not?! ... & I'm now relaxing in bed, preparing to settle down for the night ...


Watch this space ... (I've always wanted to say that!) ... I might just let you know my thoughts about 'anger management' (something my human sometimes talks about with her clients) very soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment