Wednesday 29 May 2013

I'm not a counsellor. I'm a cat ...

Tee hee!!

My human doesn't let me go into her counselling room when she's got clients in there with her.  I don't understand why.  It's not like I'd be a distraction.  I'd just want a few cuddles from her or her clients.  And I might do a bit of counselling myself; a few miaows at appropriate times might be just what her clients need.  I know she says she doesn't give them advice ... but I could.  And my advice would be very good.

Anyway, earlier today, she thought I was sitting in the living room.  And I was.  But when she went to open the door to let her client in, I sneaked into the counselling room & hid myself under the chair.  I stayed very still and quiet until both her & her client were sitting in their chairs & were just about to start talking ...
This is me sitting on her counselling chair

Then I jumped out!!  Both of them looked a little bit surprised!  My human also looked a little bit embarrassed, and I think a little bit angry with me.  She jumped straight up & apologised to her client.  They just laughed.  Especially when I tried to run away from her!!

I did let her catch me, because I knew she wouldn't let me stay in there.  But I still felt good for having sneaked in there without her noticing!

I know I'm not meant to go in that room when she has clients, but I don't really understand why I can't.  What makes them better than me?  It's my home.  I like sitting in that room.  I know it's got something to do with something called Counselling Ethics and her needing to give her clients her full attention.  And I know she takes her work very seriously & always tries to do the very best for her clients.  So I think that this was why she was probably a little bit angry.  I think she felt that she'd let her
client and also her own strong ethical approach down by allowing
me to sneak in.

But it's okay.  It wasn't her who did it.  It was me.


And I'm not bound by these Counselling Ethics. 
 I'm not a counsellor.  I'm a cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment