Monday 3 June 2013

Wouldn't have happened if she'd gotten up sooner ...

Oops!!

I woke up nice and early this morning; the numbers on my human's clock said 05:38.  I don't really know what that means, because us cats aren't as obsessed with time as you humans seem to be.  We just listen to our bodies and to the sun.  

And at 05:38 this morning, it was a gorgeous sunny day outside & I wanted my human to open the door for me so I could go outside and enjoy the early morning sunshine.  I miaowed a lot & jumped on her, & rubbed my face against hers.  And it did wake her up ... it always does.  But she wouldn't get up.  I kept trying, but she just kept lying there.  And yes, she cuddled me & stroked me & we had a few snuggles, but she still wouldn't get out of bed.
This is my angry & fed-up face!!

So I gave up.

I went & sat on the windowsill in the living room & looked outside at the lovely early morning sunshine.  And felt really sad and sorry for myself.  I didn't want to be sitting inside looking outside.  I wanted to be outside in the sunshine.

My sadness and self-pity soon began to turn into anger & frustration through.  How dare my human deprive me of the fresh air and sunshine.  How dare she do that to me!  As my anger built up, I began to feel helpless too.  Helpless, because I couldn't open the door myself.  I can't work keys ...

As these feelings kept going round & round inside of me, I could feel my body filling with adrenaline.  I knew I had to get rid of it somehow, because it wasn't going to do me any good.  All of these negative hormones cause stress ... & I didn't want to end up stressed.

So I did what any cat would have done.  I had, what you human's stupidly call 'a mad half hour.'  I went racing round the flat, burning off all of my negative energy and feelings.  I raced through every room ... I knew my human could hear the thud, thud, thud of my little feet.  Have you humans noticed how, sometimes us cats can stalk through a house silently, & yet at other times (like this morning), we make a lot of noise & sound much bigger & heavier that we really are!?  We're clever, aren't we?!

Anyway, as I raced back into the living room, I ran along the sofa & I made a big jump from the little side table my human has there ... & ... crash!!  It fell over.  And everything fell off it.


I've never managed to knock the table over before!  But I guess that just shows how angry & frustrated I had felt with my human.  All of those feelings filled me so full of energy that I did that! To be honest with you, I got a bit of a fright!  But don't tell my human that.  I hadn't realised just how strong I could be when I was so very full of anger!  Don't worry about me though; I'm alright.  I didn't get hurt.  

It was good though, because my human got up then to see what I'd done.

 And I got to go out & sit in the sunshine ... relaxed & happy at last ...



No comments:

Post a Comment