Tuesday 4 June 2013

Oops; that backfired ...


Me, stuck outside looking inside

My human's abandoned me. She went away yesterday morning & I haven't seen her since.

She does this sometimes. I don't know where she goes & I don't understand why she leaves me. I don't know why  she gives up our evening snuggles & her luxury of having me cuddle into her in bed. 

I had the whole bed to myself last night, which was nice ... but I'd rather have my human  in it with me. She keeps me warm. I was a little bit cold last night ...

I know when she's not coming home for bed because another human, who she calls "Dad," comes to give me my tea & open the door for me to go outside.

He came & gave me my tea last night. I don't mind when he comes because he gives me lots of treats ... lots more than my human gives me!! And he opened the door for me so I could go outside. He seems like a nice human ...

And then this morning (after I'd had a long, cold, lonely night), he came to give me my breakfast. I know that this was kind of him, but I couldn't help feeling sad & angry that he was there, instead of my human ... & so I bit him.

And then, he was kind enough to come back & open the door for me in the middle of the day, because it was such a lovely day. My human doesn't always does this, so I suppose I should have been nice to him for thinking of me. But I couldn't help myself biting him again! Lovely as he is, I always feel sad, angry & disappointed that he's not my human.

I was good mid day & didn't stay out long.

But then ... the Dad human came back later & gave me some tea. And opened the door for me again. It's still lovely outside & so I thought I'd stage a protest ...
Me sitting up high on the wall & refusing to come down

I'm not happy that my human has abandoned me. And I made sure that the Dad human knew that ...

I sat on the high wall that goes around our backyard & just sat still, looking at him as he called my name & shook my packet of treats at me. Yes; I know you're surprised, but even I can resist the call of Dreamies when I want to!

I could see him getting more & more anxious when I wouldn't come down. Ha ha!!

Then, he told me that he needed me to come in because he had to get home to take his cat Smudge (I'm glad I'm not called Smudge; Elsie is much prettier) to the vet because he's got a sore face.

Well, that made my mind up ... I've never met this Smudge cat, but if I could save him a trip to the vets, that's what I decided I should do.

And so I ran along the backyard wall & jumped up into a tree in one of our neighbours' yards ... & stayed there. I just  looked at the Dad human as he kept calling me, & stayed, sat up in my tree.

It seems to have backfired though.  He's gone. He's abandonded me too. He went in.

 I thought it was just another ploy, so I sat in the tree for a while longer (just to show him who's boss ... me!) & then went home.

But he really had left me. The door was shut tight. I'm locked out. Seems he loves the Smudge cat more than he does me.







I hope that he, or my human, come back soon ... I need to get in to use my litter tray ...



No comments:

Post a Comment