Thursday 31 July 2014

Ouch! Them light bulb thingies are hot ...


Stupid little fly came into our house tonight.  It flew around for a bit, just teasing me before settling on the light bulb.

I see now (now that I've learned how hot light bulbs are) that it must have been cold. I didn't know that at the time though.

See; this is me just sitting watching it sitting on the light bulb ... 


And this is me sitting watching it, just waiting for it to start flying around again so that I could chase it & catch it.  Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to hear & feel the crunch of fly skewered on a front claw ...?!?

And how very tasty fresh fly meat is?


It didn't seem to be in any hurry to start flying around again though.  It was just sitting there on the light bulb.

I can kind of understand its wanting to rest & stay still on the warm light ... but it must have been getting very hot on there.

I soon got bored of just sitting there watching it, & so I decided to play with it. I was sure that a little bit of batting & teasing with my paw would do it ..,


But then ... ouch!! That's when I learned how very hot light bulbs get ...


Stupid fly made me put my paw pads on the light bulb ... ouch! 

I quickly moved my pad away!

My human saw what happened too, so I had to pretend that everything was okay; of course, I didn't burn my little pads human. I'm not that stupid ...

Even though I did run away cursing the stupid fly for making me do it ... but at least I learned that them light-bulb thingies are hot ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment