Friday 12 April 2013

My human's been to the vets' ...

It's been a few days since I've written on here.  That's because I've been keeping a close eye on my human, to make sure she doesn't burn our house down.  I've become quite attached to this house since I moved in over three years ago!!  As I said in my previous blog entry, her & I take good care of each other, and that's what I've been doing this week ...

I'll never sit this close to a candle holder again ... !!!

She hurt her hand last weekend and had to go straight to the vets to see if they could make her better.  She'd been lighting one of those pretty candles so that her and I could have a nice cosy, snuggly evening together, but something went wrong and she lit her hand instead!?  A bit of a silly thing to do if you ask me.  I know she often has cold hands (not so nice when she's tickling my tummy!?), but surely, snuggling into me would have been a much nicer way of warming them up instead of lighting a fire on her hands ... !?

Mind you, it could have been worse.  Can you imagine if it had been my paw she'd lit?  Burnt, singed, fur?  No; not good!  She's told me the story of another cat who used to live here with her before I moved in, called Scrumpy.  (Isn't that a nice name for a cat?  Not as nice as Elsie, but still nice).  Scrumpy went too close to one of those candles one night and singed her whiskers.  Apparently the smell of singed whisker stayed in the air for ages ... I never want to smell that smell!  Singed human is bad enough!  And since then, my human has only ever used candles in jars and special little holders, so us cats don't get burned.

A very smelly finger
Anyway ...  I think she must have gone to a different vets than the one she took me to.  Perhaps there are different vets for humans?  They didn't do a very good job of mending her.  When she came back, she had a big white thing wrapped around her hand.  And one of her fingers was completely wrapped up ... no chance of that one getting cold!  You'd have thought the fire would have warmed her hand up enough, but apparently not.  And the worst thing was ...  the smell!  Yuck!!  She told me it was the magic cream they'd put on her finger to help make it better ... didn't smell good to me at all.  It was so bad, I couldn't even bring myself to sit on her knee for my cuddle.  And when we went to bed, I had to sleep as far away from her hand as I could ... right at the bottom corner on my own.  No bedtime snuggles for either of us that night ...

Two wrapped up fingers now !?!
She went to the vets again the next morning ... she'd been told to a different one apparently this time, so I was hopeful that this one would fix her.  But if you ask me, they didn't seem to be any better than the one she'd been to the night before.  This time, she came back with 2 of her fingers wrapped up!  Apparently the burn on her middle finger, which the other vets hadn't bothered to wrap up, had continued to cook over night .... two fingers out of use now!  That's not good for tickling me!  But at least she didn't smell this time.

It's been amusing to watch her around the house this week; because she can't use those 2 fingers, she's struggled to do things she usually does just fine.  You should come and watch her washing the dishes with just one hand, trying to write, typing without using those fingers, brushing her teeth with her 'wrong' hand ... I could go on but I'll not embarrass her too much.  I think it's been good for her in some ways though, because she must now have more of an idea of what it's like to be me.  Me with my paws.  I don't have fingers, and I manage perfectly fine.  'Purr'sonally, I think she's making a big fuss over nothing.
It looks like some bizarre creature out to get me ...

I think it's going to drag on for a bit though.  I think she needs to find a better vet.  She went back and although she did come back with her middle finger less well wrapped up, her other finger just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  There's no chance of that one getting cold is there?  I mean, look at it ... it looks like some bizarre creature.  And it's not very good at tickling my head.

And from what she told me, her vet just sounds nasty and cruel.  I won't tell you what they did to her, or what she says her finger looked like ... sounds like something out of a horror movie!  I just hope she never takes me to that vet.

She assures me that the vets know what they're doing ... but I'm not so sure ...





No comments:

Post a Comment