Friday 5 April 2013

Keep calm and stroke the cat ...

This mug recently appeared in our home.  I have no idea where my human got it from, but it's good advice, don't you think?!
Wise, wise words ...

Keep calm and stroke the cat!!  And as far as I'm concerned, the more often my human does just that, the happier and more content we both are ...

I do happen to know though from the things my human reads that research does actually show that stroking us cats does help people relax and keep calm. I don't know why they had to go and do research ... all they had to do was ask me and I would have told them just how good us cats are for our humans.

Taking care of us is such an honour, it gives humans a sense of responsibility.  And a reason to get up each morning and go out to work, to earn money & provide our food and the lovely warm homes that we live in.

It's funny, but writing this, is making me realise just how good my human is at taking care of me.  The last lot of humans I lived with weren't so good.  They just threw me out  like I was rubbish.  How dare they!!  It still makes me really angry to remember.  And especially when I think about the weather that they threw me out into ... it was deep snow and I had to live outside in it!  I had to find shelter under peoples' cars and there were no warm knees to snuggle in to then ...

I was very sad at that time.  And very lonely.  And very stressed too ... so much so, I licked all of the fur off my tummy & down my legs ... a silly thing to do really in all that snow cos it was cold!  My human later began to call me her little 'Raggy Muffin' ...

Mmm ... tempting treats ...
But that was when my human first noticed me ... & I noticed her.  She seemed really lovely when she first began speaking to me and stroking me.  And then she began tempting me with treats ... I was little bit scared at first, because I know you're not meant to take things off strangers ... & you're most definitely not meant to go into strangers' houses.  But this human stranger seemed really kind ... & I was starving and freezing!!

Me, living in the snow, & thinking, 'I'd like to live in that home ...'

No; I really don't want to go back out in that ...
















So in I went ... & I've never looked back really!


At first, she didn't let me stay, but she did tell me to keep coming back and that she would feed me.  And she did.  Every time I went there, she gave me food to fill my tummy.  And I began spending more and more time there, until I just moved in with her ...





I'll tell you the full story one day, but for now, it's nice to know that my human and I love each other and take good care of each other ...


This is me making myself comfy in my new home ... you can see how sad I'd been by my bald patches ...

No comments:

Post a Comment